Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Update: What have I been doing for the past month?

I can't believe it's been over a month since I finished my Digital Visual Culture class and the only question that comes to mind is "what have I done in the past month?".  The easy answer is that I'm taking a month long college course and then going on vacation, so I'm currently using that as my excuse to my lack of progress or artwork. 

On top of all of the craziness, my foster greyhound is being taken away because the leader of my greyhound rescue group is a terrible and spiteful person.  I have yet to hear back from the woman, but from what I've been told, she will be re-fostered (for the THIRD time) and taken away on Saturday.  Now please don't misunderstand.  I did not abuse her or do anything that would make them take her from me.  I merely asked for vacation coverage in the upcoming month and somehow that turned into finding another foster family.  I've had this dog for about 7 months at this point.  She was always the first one to greet me when I came home and the first to whine when I went away again.  I love this dog with all my heart and it's sad to say, but I love her more than my last greyhound, just because I feel like she's more affectionate and attached to me.  I wish I could adopt her, but like everything else in my life, the timing is just not right. 

I've been crying all week over this dog and I cannot imagine parting with her.  I can't bring myself to lock myself in my room to make art when I know that I could be spending these precious hours with my puppy.  I want to have SOMETHING to remember her by, so I might be making a picture or 2 (or 10) of her.  Originally, I wanted to make a rotoscope or zine of her, but as I am home for the summer, I no longer have access to Photoshop and I am pulling my hair out over gimp. 


Here's a picture of my baby.  All she needs is a good home and a family who love her.  She's good with other dogs, likes peanut butter and long naps and likes nothing better that licking and headbutting her owners.  She's having some trouble with slippery floors and open backed stairs, but we're working on it slowly but surely.  She's thunder friendly and one of the sweetest dogs you will ever meet. 


I plan to keep making posts as often as possible this summer - blogging about my art/sketches/ideas (maybe some more YouTube tutorials/time lapses) and possibly with some lessons/observations since I'll be tutoring my cousin all summer.  Check back for more updates, comment and follow my page and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment