Thursday, April 16, 2015

Update on 3D printed prosthetic

So here's the updated version of my original Tinkercad design:

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/bwhxApZD3iR-3d-hidden-blade-prosthetic-revised/edit

I went in and remeasured everything, making the base a little higher and longer so pens can fit in it.  I also changed the size of the horseshoes since before they were too small to print and made them bigger.  I decided not to print out the rod altogether, instead borrowing the metal rod to one of my brother's old car sets.  I also went to Michaels and bought some Velcro that's smaller than the bands I was originally going to use.  As a result, I had to change the hole sizes in my actual base design and at this point, I'm just hoping everything fits together.  I have an hour until class and the 3D printing lab just sent me an email saying that I can come pick up my design.  Let's hope everything actually fits together and works this time (fingers crossed).

I'll put out another update once I have my design completed, put together, and hopefully working.

No comments:

Post a Comment