Thursday, May 14, 2015

One final update on my Tinkercad 3D printing prosthetic

I know I finished my Tinkercad project a long time ago, but I still want to give you one final update.  Since I have to move out of my room tomorrow, I'm afraid my final project is already at my house, probably in storage.  So sadly, all I can show you is my final design:
https://tinkercad.com/things/bwhxApZD3iR

As you can see, I made the base of the design taller to better accommodate pens and eventually, I got rid of the rods altogether since they weren't printing out properly.  Instead, I used metal rods of about the same size that I took from an old car set my brother had.  I attached it to my arm with velcro wraps that I bought in A.C.Moore and I took the spring from my pen and attached it to the switch.  Sadly, I still needed to make adjustments for it to work properly, but it printed out in this awesome bright red color, so I can't be too disappointed in the way it turned out.

I could have printed it out a final time, but instead of that, I asked my little brother, who's a high school junior, what he wanted me to print for him.  I showed him Thingiverse and eventually, after hours of looking, he decided he wanted this:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22115

A Squirrel Guardian that he only picked because it had a cool name and he hoped it would bring him luck on his AP exams.  So despite my confusion, I printed it anyway.  Surprisingly, it turned out far better than I could have possibly imagined.  We had it printed in his favorite color: blue, and it stands at about 3 inches high.  Here's a picture of the finished product- the perfect guardian squirrel:


No comments:

Post a Comment