Thursday, March 5, 2015

Elements Update and how Pinterest ruined everything

So I mentioned in the last post that I wanted to use an awesome dubstep song in my video and make it a remix of different Irish step dancers who represent each element.

Well now I have a different idea so I'm scrapping all of that.  I think the main reason behind the switch would have to be my obsession with Pinterest.  I got so caught up pinning tons of different dancers and song ideas that I felt lost in the project.  I felt like I was just an editor and not a creator of a video, so I wanted to take the project in a more personal direction.

For myself that meant me dancing, even though I am extremely self-conscious and shy, and to make it even more challenging, it will be an acapella piece (like this one).  Irish step Hard Shoe isn't my forte, as I have a lot of trouble getting a firm and steady set of taps and bangs.  I think due to the loud nature of the filming, I will do it in Smiley, that way the residents of my dorm don't kill me.  I could also play with the lighting more in Smiley, especially if I bring my own lamp and film in the night.

The most challenging part of the process for me will be layering since I have almost no experience using iMovie outside of my class.  I want different dance steps to go with different elements and I think if I repeat and layer them, I could get a nice rhythm going.  One of the biggest inspirations for me at this stage is the first Irish step dance song I ever heard - Riverdance's "Reel Around the Sun":


No comments:

Post a Comment